The standard number agreed for the admission to the Reception Class is 30. Up to 52 children may be admitted to the Nursery, (26 children am and 26 children pm). Up to 15 of these places may be combined for those children entitled to 30 hours provision. Thirty hours places are subject to the receipt of the appropriate entitlement code.
Responsibility for admissions is delegated to the Governing Body Admissions Committee. The school will admit all children having a statement of special educational needs in whose statement the school is named.
When applications are received, the decision on which children will be admitted will be based on the criteria below. The criteria will be applied where there are more applications received than there are places available. In the event of an oversubscription for the remaining places, they will be allocated by means of the following criteria in the order shown:
- “Children in public care,” – looked after children and previously looked after children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order)
- Children whose medical or social circumstances mean that their needs can only be met at this school
- Children who will have an older brother or sister attending the school at the time of their admission
- Three places will be allocated to children who do not meet the above criteria but live in the closest proximity to the school using SCANA to calculate the distance
- Children who, together with one parent or legal guardian, are in regular attendance at All Saints Church. Priority will be given to those having the most frequent attendance for the longest period of time
- Children who, together with one parent or legal guardian, are in regular attendance at a church within the parish which is a member of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland, or a local Churches Together organisation. Priority will be given to those having the most frequent attendance for the longest period of time
- Children eligible for the service premium
- Children of school Staff
- Children who, together with one parent or legal guardian, are members of another faith group
- Any other children – allocated on distance from the school