At All Saints’ we deliver our knowledge and skills-based curriculum through a thematic approach. We believe that children learn best when they are engaged in the activities on offer and can make meaningful links between the subjects they are learning. Our Curriculum aims are:
- To provide pupils with a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the requirements of the national curriculum.
- Allow pupils to deepen their understanding of key knowledge and develop important skills.
- Allow pupils to learn sequentially so that knowledge and skills are retained and applied.
- Enable pupils to achieve their full potential, academically and socially so that they are well prepared for their next stage of education and their future lives.
- To broaden pupils’ horizons and encourage ambition and aspiration.
- To support pupils to become positive in their approach to education and life-long learning and grow in confidence to meet new challenges.
- Encourage pupils develop as loving, truthful and forgiving people with the capacity to sustain positive relationships and willingness to contribute to our culturally diverse society as responsible citizens.
We provide pupils with a wide range of exciting learning experiences to stimulate learning both inside and outside of the classroom and stress the importance of vocabulary development.
To find out more about the curriculum we follow look at the Individual Subject and Year Group Class pages.
Reading & Phonics Scheme